Tuesday 15 January 2008

I Got it Wrong

Yes, Andy Murray failed in the 1st round of the Australian Open, so no winner. I made a big faux pas in predicting a possible winner.

At the Diana inquest, it appears her ex lawyer says the Queen told Diana she would abdicate in 1996 in favour of Prince Charles. I find that highly unlikely. It is a good job she didn't abdicate, as I think that would have harmed the monarchy irrepairably. The whole inquest seems to rest alot on hearsay evidence and speculation.

I see some areas of england are getting floods again, or gearing upto that event, especially places like Tewkesbury, and others hit previously. I really feel for those people. It must be heart breaking to endure it once, but several times.

The teachers have been given a 2.4% pay rise, and told what they will get for the next three years. It will be interesting to see what the Unions say and do.

finally the weather on my day off in Yorkshire is terrible. It has rained all morning, but seems to have cleared for now. I have had an exciting day so far, taken car for MOT, been to Supermarket, etc (yawn, yawn).

No comments: