Saturday 8 December 2007

Day Off and Back to Work

Yesterday was my day off, so I did some shopping, tidying around etc. Pretty boring stuff. Today I am back at work.

Spoke to my parents last night. They live in Guernsey. For any-one not familiar with it, Guernsey is one of the Channel Islands, and is situated nearer to France than England. It also happens to be my birth place.

My youngest son also rang from London where he is studying journalism - broadcasting at the University of Westminster for his Masters degree. My eldest son is a teacher of modern languages in Stockport.

The news, well the Darwin family seem to feature alot, the tale gets worse and worse.

The race fixing trial collapsed, and Kieron Fallon has had his case dropped. The trouble with sport is that when large betting syndicates get involved, then allegations appear.

The Daily Mail had an interesting piece in it yesterday about incompetent or inept Police Chief Constables. I agree with alot of their comments. The chiefs seem to get too involved in politics, social issues, instead of fighting crime, and preserving the peace. Law enforcement seems to have gone down the list of their priorities.

No comments: