Friday 21 December 2007

TV and Shopping - Yawn

Today is my day off work.

This morning I was up at 5.30am, and went with my mate to do a short bit as an extra (walk on artist) for Emmerdale, a Yorkshire TV production in Leeds. I was a prison warder. Cannot say any more though.

Then it was back home and off to Morrisons to do the shopping for Christmas. It was pandemonium. Any-one would think we were going into seige conditions the amounts of food some people were buying. Still the shops open again on 27th December.

The news from the test was a little better. England 102 for 1, and then rain stopped play against Sri Lanka. I'm glad the test went ahead as this was the first test at Galle since the Tsunami.

This Data protection farce continues. The Skipton Building society has lost records of 15,000 customers, when a laptop was stolen from one of its staff. Its about time the Data Protection Registrar stepped in and started hitting some of these companies and agencies.

Nice little story in one of the papers, a chap rescued an injured bird, and the pidgeon now follows him everywhere, goes for rides in his car, won't let his wife near him (some chaps would be pleased about that, not me I hasten to add), sits on the side of his bath etc. Makes a change from rape allegations, and sordid party allegations, Oops, sorry Man Utd.

No comments: