Thursday 27 December 2007

Deaths and other news

The biggest news item is the murder of Benazir Bhutto in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Why can't people leet the electorate decide, or are they scared of what the popular vote will do, and so take matters into their hands. I just hope Pakistan does not turn into a bloodbath as a result of this murder. She was a courageous lady, as I'm sure she must have known this was likely to happen at some time.

Also a Police Officer died on duty in Wembley, London. The officer from the Metropolitan Police was assisting with a domestic incident and died. It seems like a heart attack, but the post mortem will show the cause of death. My thoughts go to his family and colleagues.

The football had a lot of sendings off. 17 I think, 3 of them were from the Luton team. Matbe the Xmas spirit was still in their bodies. Good win for Spurs though 5-1. A few more like that and should start to move up the table. Bradford City and Lincoln played each other for the first time since the Bradford fire. On that day I was policing a football at Huddersfield, against Portsmouth I think, when a call went out for all our van drivers to go straight to Bradford. we soon knew why.

Worked today, just for four hours. It was very quiet. I just had one property to view at Bradley. Tomorrow I'm not working, and neither is Jill, whoopee!!

No comments: