Sunday 2 December 2007

Hi, Sunday morning, poor weather. Last night was thunder and lightning, with heavy rain.

Today listened to the Test Match, England v Sri Lanka from Kandy. England appeared to be going quite well until they lost a few wickets, now I don't expect they will get more than 250, unless one of the tailenders backs up Collingwood.

Quiet day at home as my wife Jill is working until 4pm. She is a paramedic.

I have read the Sunday paper, not much news in that today, except for the more revelations about financial backers of the labour party. It all seems a bit of mess. Some of the MP's want the public to sponsor the political parties, but I don't see why I as a taxpayer should fund some-one to get elected just so that they can be an MP, and then receive a fat salary, large expenses and all the perks that go with the job. If they want it that bad let them work for the privilege.
Thats my gripe of the day.

No comments: